Dear Instructors, Competitors, Students and Friends:
Greetings and best wishes for a wonderful 2016. I am especially pleased to invite you to participate in the 44th Riverside National Karate Championships on Sunday, May 22, 2016, at Cal Baptist University in Riverside, California.
Taking it back to the roots, we will be hosting kata divisions open to all traditional styles, shobu ippon kumite and kobudo divisions. We will be offering Modified WKF Kumite Divisions for advanced youth and adults! We will also be holding special needs divisions at this event.
In reading the rules and reviewing the divisions on the next page, please note the following key points regarding this year's competition:
- NEW! Adult & youth advanced WKF modified divisions.
- Shobu Ippon Kumite divisions for all ages and ranks.
- Divisions will be determined on the basis of karate rank.
- Beginner contestants may only perform kata's that are appropriate to their rank.
- We will use the flag system for all kata divisions.
- Available kobudo & special needs divisions.
- ALL 18-34 Black Belt Kata & Kumite Will Be Competing First At 9:00am!
Referee Attire:White dress shirt, grey slacks, red/blue tie, black shoes (blue blazer optional)
Thank you! Please feel free to write/call us directly:
Shobu Ippon Divisions, contact Kevin Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 951.902.7355.
WKF or Open Kata Divisions, contact Amy Hung at email@example.com or at 909.275.0558, with any thoughts or questions.
I look forward to seeing you on May 22 for some great competition!
Sensei Kevin Warner - Tournament Director
Sensei Amy Hung - Tournament Organizer
Riverside Shotokan Karate